Prints are available - sizes 1, 10 and 11. Click HERE
Britannia Colliery was owned by the Powell Duffryn Steam Coal Co Ltd. and sinking began in 1910.
In 1912 the first coal was produced and by 1918 the pit employed 1,520 men. During the 1920's over
1700 were employed and the School of Mines was opened in 1930. Coal production ceased in 1983 and the pit was demolished.